What went well?
– In the visual text essay, I was able to remember almost all of the quotes and film techniques, and was able to produce a similar essay to the one I had practiced. I managed to stick to my time management plan, and felt that I was able to produce a reasonable essay with the time and preparation available.
– For unfamiliar, I managed to get a good understanding of the question and the text before answering them.
What was challenging/difficult?
– I think that it was hard to put together each paragraph in the way I had originally planned, as I forgot parts and then remembered them halfway through. After remembering them, I tried to re-implement them and it didn’t always fit.
– In unfamiliar, I didn’t always use the most appropriate technique as I didn’t understand what they were, or how they related to the text.
What do you feel you need to do going forward into NCEA next term?
– I feel that my essay was strong enough to get a good mark, but to do well, I will need to go over film techniques, and practice implementing the question into the writing and relating it to the techniques.
– For unfamiliar, I really need to go over a lot more techniques, and practice this style of unfamiliar. In order to get a good mark, I really need to make sure I look at previous exemplars, and get make a good plan for what I will do in the exam.